Monday, December 22, 2008

'Prophet' Gandhi

Gandhi- “You Christians look after a document containing enough dynamite to blow all civilizations to pieces, turn the world upside down and bring peace to a battle torn planet. But you treat it as though it is nothing more than a piece of good literature.

I was browsing through the net and found this little comment by Gandhi from this excellent blog . How is it that someone who is not a Christian knows the real value of the very scriptures that we (allegedly) believe in? We on the other hand treat our living scriptures as irrelevant as well as a boring piece of document.

I like the quote by Gandhi, which is haunting and disturbing in a good way. I hope the quote grips the very being of your 'soul' and nudges you towards the bible today, not just to read but to understand and apply at the same time.

Hopeful Theo

My photo
OIL TOWN, SWK, Malaysia
I'm a student of Theology (currently and will always be one). I'm a student of culture and a student of music as well. I guess you could say life is a never ending journey of learning. Because of that we never stop being students. Just a little something about this blog: Deconstructing The Monkey is all about being a safe space for emerging conversations