Tuesday, January 8, 2008

still awake...

It's getting late but I'm still awake. It has become a habit for me to sleep late. I guess habits are hard to undo...well some are i guess. I'm getting some thoughts of dissatisfaction at the moment. It feels like life is meaningless. Well that's how i just feel sometimes, and as you know (that's if you don't know) life is not a bed of roses.

There are a lot of ups and downs in life. But the trick is (if there is any for that matter) to maintain a rhythm. We have to deal with the fact that a person cannot be all ups everyday, and neither can a person be down 24/7. There are extremes from time to time but mainly, we tend to move constantly up and down. It's a fact.

I'm not into believing that a christian is the most happiest person alive. To me that is a myth. We all, people who live under the sun, go through the same ups and downs, joy and sadness, triumph and defeat. Lets not be too 'spiritual' and say that Christians feel good all the time.

To me, as soon as we accept reality, the ups and downs and all that, the sooner it is for us to build on a rhythm. A rhythm that is stable and does not move too much in extremes.

No comments:

Hopeful Theo

My photo
OIL TOWN, SWK, Malaysia
I'm a student of Theology (currently and will always be one). I'm a student of culture and a student of music as well. I guess you could say life is a never ending journey of learning. Because of that we never stop being students. Just a little something about this blog: Deconstructing The Monkey is all about being a safe space for emerging conversations