Friday, January 9, 2009

Books i'm working through...



I just received two books that I ordered from Amazon. The first book is called "Inspiration and Incarnation" by Peter Enns. I'm reading through it at the moment and just to let you know I really like what I'm reading. Hopefully I will do a post on the book when I'm done with it.



The other book is called "Scripture's Doctrine and Theology's Bible" edited by Markus Bockmuehl and Alan J. Torrance. This was on Scot McKnight's book recommendation during Christmas so I thought I would make a good present for me.



There is still another book that I bought earlier entitled "God at War" by Gregory Boyd. This book is on spiritual warfare and one subject that I am unfamiliar with. Boyd is a pastor and was a former professor. You can find his website on my blog roll (as well as Peter Enns'). Boyd is a controversial figure because he is an advocate of open theism (I'm not sure if advocate is the right word to use here). Anyway I am going to be reading quite a lot of books this year. I still have other books on my list that I hope to purchase (Lord if only money grew in trees).


No comments:

Hopeful Theo

My photo
OIL TOWN, SWK, Malaysia
I'm a student of Theology (currently and will always be one). I'm a student of culture and a student of music as well. I guess you could say life is a never ending journey of learning. Because of that we never stop being students. Just a little something about this blog: Deconstructing The Monkey is all about being a safe space for emerging conversations