Friday, July 18, 2008

The gospel of Luke

I want to try out something...

Our young adult cell is doing a book study at the moment focusing on the Gospel of Luke. We are on Chapter 4 at the present moment!

Doing book studies are different. Delving into the text, digging up the historical background and looking at the social context of the book. It just widens the horizon. Let me assure you that you might come out a changed person after studying through.

Reading through it again opens so many things again. I would imagine going through every book in the bible and really studying through them one by one, thoroughly! By thoroughly i mean taking some considerable time on each book. Whoa!

Well, i am planning to do some posts on this, just to help my mind thinking through the book.

No comments:

Hopeful Theo

My photo
OIL TOWN, SWK, Malaysia
I'm a student of Theology (currently and will always be one). I'm a student of culture and a student of music as well. I guess you could say life is a never ending journey of learning. Because of that we never stop being students. Just a little something about this blog: Deconstructing The Monkey is all about being a safe space for emerging conversations